Doug E.
Doug E., Kawasaki Master Technician
Experience:  Professional mechanic since the late 70's on Kawasaki, Arctic Cat, Jonsered, John Deere and others.
7400257

i have a 7150 150cc fun cart that will not start.no gas coming

i have a 7150 150cc fun cart that will not start.no gas coming out of gas tank.icleaned filter in tank.there is valve below tank with a vacuum line to it no gas comes out with gas line of filter.how do i get gas through valve
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Doug E. replied 4 years ago.

If the tank is mounted above the engine then that is a vacuum operated fuel shutoff. It keeps the fuel from filling up the motor should something go wrong in the carb. When you crank over the engine, the vacuum pulse from the engine pulls open the diaphragm and gas flows.

First. Check to make sure this hose is connected to the intake side of the motor and the hose is good.

Next. Pull the line and crank the motor. Do you feel a pulse in the line? If not, you may be low on compression in the engine.

If the line is connected and you feel a pulse, then the diaphragm may be bad. You might have to pull and clean it or replace it. Some can be bypassed but be sure to install a fuel shutoff so you can turn off the gas when done riding.

Please note: On models where the tank is mounted lower than the engine, this would be a fuel pump. They look very similar but the fuel pump is just a bit bigger. Let me know which one you have so I know I am giving you the correct information. There are so many of these Chinese motors out there under so many different names that it's tough to know them all. They all use the same motors, but there are slight variations.

Doug
Doug E., Kawasaki Master Technician
Experience: Professional mechanic since the late 70's on Kawasaki, Arctic Cat, Jonsered, John Deere and others.