Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a John Deere GT 275 lawn tractor that will not start.

I have a John Deere GT 275 lawn tractor that will not start. It is getting fuel but no fire I was wondering what the problem could be.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
There is a single white wire from the ignition module going to the M terminal on the key switch. Locate this wire and unplug it and check for spark again. If no spark, you have a bad coil or igniter. If you have spark, it is a problem with safety switch or key switch.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I pulled the white wire but still no spark. I hear a gurgling sound while the engine is rolling over
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
Gurgling?? hold finger over spark plug hole and be sure there is compression. How did problem begin? Worked last week but won't start today? If you have no spark, the problem has to be the coil or the igniter, pull off the flywheel cover and examine the coil, it should have .010 clearance between the armature and the flywheel. Clean the magnetic with sand paper and check again for spark, Remove the single wire from it that attaches to the igniter and see if you have spark. We need to determine which item is the problem. Let me know.