Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Generac 04675-3 15Kw LP generator. It will run (either

I have a Generac 04675-3 15Kw LP generator. It will run (either under load or during exercise for a little while then shut down. When it shuts down the 'high temp' light is on. What are the reasons for this to happen? What needs done to repair it?
The high temp light indicates it is over heating. Are the air openings in the housing open or are they being restricted? Is the fan screen on the engine clear of any debris, plant material, or insects? Air cooled engines require plenty of unrestricted air circulating around them to keep the cylinders cool, anything that restricts the air can be a problem. The Generac specs don't tell me what engine this is, do you know what engine they are using? Let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The generator is sitting on a concrete pad that has nothing around it. It's been in use for over 4 years now and we haven't changed anything around it.

The book says it's the GT-990 2 cylinder engine.

Do you get any indication that it is hot? Smell ,abnormal operation, or just the light comes on.? What is this winter/summer baffle, it looks to recirculate the air in the winter and it looks to let air in in the other position. Have you checked its position and its operation? Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There is no smell or other indication that it's hot.

I looked through the manual and don't see anything about a baffle? Is this for intake or exhaust? What do I look for?

It shows to be on the panel mounted on the front of the engine, along side a choke cable.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'll check it out this evening. Thanks.

Here is the engine breakdown, showing the control and baffles.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I found it on the drawings you sent, but they don't match the drawings in my manual. I will look at the motor itself tonight to see if I can find it.

My drawing says, GT-990/760 Engine - Drawing No. OE8774-L Part 2

Thanks, Ross.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There was no baffle on the motor. I replaced the plugs, air filter, and changed the oil and that seemed to help. Of course the weather started to cool off so we'll see it it continues.

Thanks for you help

Wow, I have slept a few times since this was posted. Have a great day!!