Tom, Technician
Experience:  Honda Platinum Technician

My Homelite Leaf Blower will not keep running. Tilting the

My Homelite Leaf Blower will not keep running. Tilting the front upward allows the engine to run at full speed, but when lowered to the operating position the engine slows down and then dies after a few seconds. It is very difficult to start. It seems to be starved for gas in the operating position.
When was the last time the carb was cleaned out?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Never - The blower is in its second year of use, approximately 12 times @ 1 hour each.
Ok alot of times the jets get carbonized up and will cause these issues.Its definitely losing fuel when its lowered and a slight blockage will cause this.I would try removing and cleaning out the carb and jet and see if this fixes the issue.This would be the next step.

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
FYI -- Removed and cleaned the carb; however, in the course of doing so I found a badley kinked gas line between the gas tank and the carb (factory issue - the line was about one inch too long). I am sure this is the the source of the problem. On the other hand, removing the carb for cleaning led to the discovery of the gas line problem. Will accept your answer as resolving the issue.