TaxTom
TaxTom, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Operated Lawn Mower business for 20 years. Can find manuals and parts for many brands.
21049508

I have a Dixie Chopper 60 cut (electric deck) with a Generac

I have a Dixie Chopper 60" cut (electric deck) with a Generac OHVI 27 engine. I am not sure what the cranking amps are on my battery. But it will start up immediately. However, after a couple of hours of continuous mowing it would cut off when I tried to raise the deck back up. After charging the battery, it will start immediately. In troubleshooting the problem I discovered that while it is running and when I disconnect the battery it dies immediately. Shouldn't it be able to run on its own? It is under warranty - but my dealer is in an adjacent city. I was trying to get as much info for them as I could before I take it back.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.
Hello, Yes it has a built in charging system and it sounds like it may not be charging correctly. It may die unless the battery is hooked up due to the fuel shutoff solenoid needing direct current from the battery. Because it is an electrical problem I would take it back to the dealer and get it repaired, warranties can be voided if you try to repair yourself. Thank You Tom Please click accept.