J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

I have a self-propelled Lawn-Boy (push type) lawnmower. How

I have a self-propelled Lawn-Boy (push type) lawnmower. How do I change the drive belt that runs the self-propelled feature. Do I need to remove the motor mounts and lift up engine to get to the belt pulley so that a new belt could be installed?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.

See attached link. Click on free user. Download the manual. It will walk you through it with detailed pictures.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I wanted an answer to a simple question, not a download of a complete manuel. That seems a lot of trouble to go through the manual and try which explanation belongs to me. I will figure it out myself. I am disappointed in the answer.
Expert:  J.R. replied 6 years ago.
I gave you the manual as I have no idea of your mechanical ability. Anytime I can show a customer pictures it seems to help. In a nutshell you will remove the cover from the belt. You will then need to remove the belt guard on the bottom of the deck. Rotate the transmission towards the engine and slip the belt off of that end. Take it off of the engine pulley and slide it past the belt. Install the new belt.