J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

I have a Kohler K341 16 HP engine but all ignition wirings

I have a Kohler K341 16 HP engine but all ignition wirings are messed up. How can I get the ignition wiring correct? I checked the service manual but I don't understand the diagram. My model is not on the service manual. Mine is hand pully type. Need help. Keehoon from Sammamish, WA
What is the engine mounted on? Are you saying that this engine has a pull start on it and does not have electric start?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

graphicNo electric start only pull start. Its old hydralic power unit with Kohler 341 with spec. 71332.

That should have the standard Kohler magneto ignition on it.You should have a magneto under the flywheel. That magneto will have the spark plug wire and then it should have a small wire that goes to the points and condenser.There should be another wire that goes from the points to the on off switch as well.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i don't have on/off switch but i have stop push button on other side.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Point means breaker point?
Yes the breaker points.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there anyway i can hook up to the car battery and test it? and how can i connect it?
No, it does not need battery power to work.