Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
29067132

finding parts for my scotts model number e2155001 self propelled

Customer Question

finding parts for my scotts model number e2155001 self propelled mower
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 4 years ago.

Are you looking for engine or mower parts?

Most Scotts mowers were made by Murray, but some were made by John deer. this is where you will find mower parts

If you are looking for engine parts any small engine shop that services your engine brand should be able to help

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm trying to find self propelled wheels for it . and no one no where seems to carry or stocks parts for the deck of this machine I need mower deck parts. engone is fine.
Expert:  Jon K. replied 4 years ago.

Is this a wheel with plastic teeth molded into it? If so could you get me a count of the number of teeth on the wheel and a number of teeth on the drive gear.

I will keep looking for you. Scotts mowers are hard to track down until we figure out who manufactured the mower originally.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On my plauqe where I got you the model number it also says ,, Scotts in a cirlce and right below it it reads noma outdoor products.
The wheel itself is orange in color with like a directional pattern to it with a smooth dome cap that covers the bolt. The wheel itself has 53 teeth,, the gear has 9 teeth.

Expert:  Jon K. replied 4 years ago.
Aha, there is the big problem. Noma has been gone for years now. I may be able to find you a wheel that fits though with the tooth count you gave me, it will have to wait until Wed though as I will not be in the shop tomorrow. I hope that is not a problem for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No not at all it is rainning in my area for the next few days. I got my mowing done. I just had to take my drive gear off so that I could just push it the rest of the way.
So how do we do this whole thing on this sight ? Cause I'm still kinda lost as to where in the future to get parts for this mower if I ned them. It was told to me that the number on the engine helps. So I took it to a local mower place they said it was a 94 year.
I got it at a sale a week ago and it looks and run like it is brand new. I am still amazed that it is so old for the condition. The broken wheel was my fault I hit a brick aand it bent the blade (thank god not the shaft) and threw it into my drive wheel chipping 4 teeth off the wheel itself. Talk about dumb luck. The brick was covered by my yard never saw it coming.
Expert:  Jon K. replied 4 years ago.

Future parts are going to be difficult. You will be able to find engine parts without a problem. Mower parts will be harder and may take some looking.

I have an answer to your wheel question. Stens (an after market company) makes several wheels that should fit your mower. you can go to www.stens.com and order them directly from them. The wheel they have is 8 inches in diameter with a 1/2 inch hole and 53 teeth. They actually have different colors to match the mower. The black one is the least expensive. Part number is XXXXX and will cost you $22.47 You can take a look at it on the web site and see if it will work for you. This wheel is listed under Murray and AYP (both of who have made Noma mowers) I think you will be fine with this wheel as long as the measurements are the same.

Good luck, I hope this helps you out.