J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

I have a Sears Craftsman Eagle 1 Lawnmower, Model # 917.372860,

I have a Sears Craftsman Eagle 1 Lawnmower, Model #NNN-NN-NNNN Engine model #NNN-NN-NNNN Serial # XXXXX An oil leak has developed. The oil leaks out onto the machine's deck and pools under the gas tank area. It also continues to leak when I store the machine away after use. I put oil in everytime I use it now. ...need help.

Stanley Dawson
Are you certain that it is oil leaking and not gasoline? Does the oil level go down? Take the air filter off of it. Clean the deck of any of the oil. Put a rage directly under the carburetor. Put some gas in it and then let it set for a while and see if the leak is gas coming out of the end of the carburetor. If it is then the needle valve and seat in the carb are leaking and need to be replaced.