Tom
Tom, Technician
Experience:  Honda Platinum Technician
3827149

I have Troy Bilt Lawn Tractor - Bronco - How do I replace the

I have Troy Bilt Lawn Tractor - Bronco - How do I replace the power drive belt?
Model Number 13AV60KG011

Serial Number 1D158H10184

Thanks,
Walt Nagel
Did it actually break or just come off?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are no pieces in there. I am pretty sure it just came off.
Ok let me see what I can find to help you out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The Lawn Tractor is a 2008. The drive belt looks like it goes around 2 idler pulleys. The manual insinuates that special tools are needed. I have regular tools but not Troy-Bilt tools.

Is this the belt you are replacing.

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It looks like the smaller one. The tractor will not move forward or reference and the belt was just laying like it had come off the pully. It will start, but will not engage.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We have to make a run to Lowe's and will be back in about 1 hour or so and be back on for any info you need or can provide to me.

Thanks,

Walt

Ok this is the set up correct the red arrow is the adjuster move the adjuster and you should be able to get the belt on.There are some issues with the transmissions on these tractors also the belts always loose.Its till under warranty so if the belt does not stay on you need to have it fixed at the dealer.

graphic

Let me know if this helped.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We will give it a try today. We have called Mower Repair and they are booked for 4 weeks.

I will let you know in a few hours if I was able to fix it.

Thanks,

Walt

No problem keep me posted .Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for the help - I made a loop at the end of a small piece of rope and placed it over the shaft of the idler pully. Put tension on the rope and secured it to where a trailer would hook to the lawn tracker and was able to slip the belt back over the drive pully and released the tension on the rope and the tracker is now running good. No transmission problem this time that is obvious.

I am telling you what I did so that if this comes up with someone else you can possibly use this.

I will put positive feedback for you.

Customer/p>