Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.

how do you change the belt on a troy bilt horse tiller

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 6 years ago.

The procedure is fairly simple.

Remove the bolt that tighten the two large pins that the engine moves up and down on to engage the belts. The, lightly drive the pin out of one side and swing the motor over using the other pin as a hinge. Then remove the belts and replace. This sounds easier than it really is, but is at least a place to start. Many times, this procedure doesn't work completely so you have to drive out the other pin and remove the engine and then replace the belts and then reinstall the engine and the pins.

I don't think that I have a link to the instructions, but this should help you to at least get you started.

If you don't feel comfortable with this kind of repair I would suggest sending it to a reputable shop.

Feel free to contact me here at this question anytime ...even after you hit the "ACCEPT" button ...and I will try to help further.

Please click "ACCEPT" or I won't get paid.

You may also consider sending a bonus if I have been helpful, Please leave positive feedback this is how I'm rated. Thank

Edited by Ranwell1 on 4/18/2010 at 12:34 AM EST