Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

I have a Toro 6.5 hp Recycler Self Propelled Mower (Model 20117)

Customer Question

I have a Toro 6.5 hp Recycler Self Propelled Mower (Model 20117) I'm trying to change the drive belt. I removed the blade and belt cover and unhooked the belt from the drive shaft pulley. I cannot figure out how to get the belt off of the rear transmission pulley. I can't slide it off because of the belt guides. I'm sure it is simple, but I can't figure it out....Thank you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.

I think you maybe mistyped the model number? Could it have been a 20711 instead? Regardless, I have a solution to your question. How about a manual with pictures and procedures? Belt replacement is covered in Section 8. If anything isn't completely clear, please let me know and we'll discuss...

Drive Systems

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you Rick...The model number is XXXXX Can't seem to open your attachment.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.

You are so very welcome. You'll need the free Adobe Reader software to open it. Most already have it, but if you don't it can be downloaded at:

I have to go somewhere, but I'll check back in later to make sure you were able to make it work. I tested the file to make sure it was valid and intact, so I don't think you'll have a problem. It might take a few minutes to download depending on your connection speed. It's a full drive system manual, so you might want to keep it for future reference.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks Rick...Got it to open. Good info. I think I am good.

Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
Excellent! Thank you so much for the accept, and best of success...