Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.

how can i take the head off of my troybuilt 4 cycle weed eater

how can i take the head off of my troybuilt 4 cycle weed eater and put a quick loading head on it? i don t know how to get the head off
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 6 years ago.

Most Troy-bilt trimmers cannot have that type of head put on it unless there are a few homemade parts put on with it.

The head comes off with a metal ring around the inside shaft. This is after you take the bump knob off of it and then the spool that the line is wrapped around.

This is a head built for Troy-Bilt and they have a weird type of shaft coming out of the unit.

I wish that I could tell you a different answer. The universal heads will not usually work on these trimmers.

Feel free to contact me here at this question anytime ...even after you hit the "ACCEPT" button ...and I will try to help further.

Please click "ACCEPT" or I won't get paid.

You may also consider sending a bonus if I have been helpful, Please leave positive feedback this is how I'm rated. Remember a neutral feedback is nearly as bad as a negative. If not satisfied, contact me and I will make it right.