Rick
Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

how to replace starter on model 1862 cub cadet riding mowe

how to replace starter on model 1862 cub cadet riding mower
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.
Can you give me the Kohler model and spec number off the engine, please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
18 h.p. 2cylinder opposing cylinders magnum engine by kohler 1991 year model
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.

I could type out a set of instructions, but I think providing you the service manual with full details and pictures may be more helpful to you. Section 9 and 11 cover disassembly and reassembly. Section 8 shows the starter rebuilding procedure.

Manual

Let me know...Best of success!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this is a manual for the engine only. therefore it shows all procedures with engine removed. I need to know how to replace the starter without removing the engine. Perhaps a manual for 1862 cub cadet riding mower would give this info. i do not have one.
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.

My apologies. I misunderstood what you were after. This manual will cover teardown of the tractor parts to give you easier access to the engine compartment. Let me know if this doesn't fully address your question.

Manual 2

Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I looked through the cub cadet manual you sent and found nothing about a starter.it seems there should have been some info.I know you are really trying and i do appreciate it very much. I will leave it to you as towhether or not you wish to pursue it any further. please let me know.I will pay you either way for trying so much. thanks and god bless.
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately in our industry there is often a disconnect between the engine information and the equipment it is mounted on. The equipment manufacturers leave all of the engine information as the responsibility of the engine manufacturer. And engine manufacturers don't know much about the equipment their engine is mounted on.

If you can do a little reading between the lines, I think that the equipment problem is centered around gaining access to the engine because of the hood and fenders that are in the way. If you look in the Cub Cadet manual, you will find instructions on removing the hood and fenders starting on page 5-4, which I think will give you the access to the engine that you need.

Once you have access to the engine, then the engine manual will take over to cover the starter repair portion. I really wish there was something I could give you that combined the two steps together, but unfortunately it does not exist in our industry in that format.

I hope that this will give you the information that you are looking for. Please let me know how I can assist in any way and I will be happy to do so.

Best of success, and be blessed in all your hands touch.

Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience: Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.