Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines

I have a poulan pro gas blower, model BVM200VS, it wont start,

I have a poulan pro gas blower, model BVM200VS, it won't start, pulled the plug, no spark on the old plug, bought a new one, no spark when I pull the cord. I toggled the off button to see if it was stuck in the off position, does not appear so. what should i do
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 6 years ago.

You can remove the engine covers and follow the wire from the on/off switch to the coil. If that has rubbed bare then it will need to be fixed (it is the kill switch). You can disconnect this wire at the coil and test for spark again. If you do not get spark then the coil is no longer any good and will need to be replaced