J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.
13636126

Troy-Bilt 13AX60TG766 Super Bronco (2006) I need to know the

Troy-Bilt 13AX60TG766 Super Bronco (2006) I need to know the procedure for replacing the transmission drive belts on our R/C club's mower. I have already removed the mower deck and it appears that I will need to remove the drive pulley from the crankshaft to remove the longer of the two drive belts. Is this correct, and if so, does the bolt that holds the pulley on the crankshaft have standard or reverse threads? Can this be removed without an impact wrench? Thank you.
You are correct that you need to remove the drive pulley. It is best to use an air impact wrench, but if you do not have one you can still do it. You will need to take out the spark plug. You will then need a long piece of clean rope. Put most of the rope in the spark plug hole and then slowly turn the pulley bolt CC until it stops. Once it stops you have locked the piston and then you can put the force needed to loosen the bolt. Take the pulley off and you are then ready to remove the old belt. Just look at the belt routing before you remove it.