Tom, Technician
Experience:  Honda Platinum Technician

I have a Murray snow thrower model 624808x4C. It will not drive

I have a Murray snow thrower model 624808x4C. It will not drive forward or reverse, when drive is engaged. Is there an adjustment or do I need to replace the drive belt. I do not have a manual. So I need some help. Thank You
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Did this happen all of a sudden or did it start to slip then eventually you lost drive and reverse?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not sure when this slippage happened. My cousin is in the hospital so I was going to do him a favor. I wanted to blow his driveway. When I tried the drive it would not go.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Try checking this.

Looking from the handlebar end, the friction wheel should be positioned 2-5/8" from the left side of the drive disc with the shift lever in first gear(forward). To adjust, loosen the jam nut on the rod, then remove the ball joint. Adjust the rod to the correct length while holding the shift lever connected to the friction wheel in where you want it. Then re-assemble.
As far as clearance, I am just guessing at about 1/8 -1/4 inch. There is no adjustment for the clearance. If it is off, you most likely need new bushing.