Robert P
Robert P, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  40 years experience in 2 & 4 stroke eng. 6 1/2 years Tech 3 Georgian College Small Motors Division
28648688

RE McCulloch T55 2 stroke hedge trimmer. Dear Sirs, Having

RE: McCulloch T55 2 stroke hedge trimmer.
Dear Sirs,
Having virtually dismantled my (not very old) trimmer to replace a broken starter cord, I've failed. Do I have to remove the clutch to gain access and how? What tools etc and is it worth it?
Await your response,
Many thanks
Quentin.
Remove the spark plug and stuff the cylinder with small rope , this will lock up piston in the cylinder , remove bottom shrouding as before , I beleive it's the same tool for removing the shroud screws you insert into the clutch housing and loosen screw , and remove clutch . Good luck . Robert P

Edited by Robert P on 3/1/2010 at 12:04 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear XXXXX P,

Is there any way I can insert a photo of the problem area?

Everything I have so far removed has been with allen? keys.

The clutch has a central thread into which I have inserted matching thread bolt but obviously just undoes itself under load.

Looks like the clutch needs tension to hold it rigid (have used multigrips) but to no avail?

Need your assistance.

Many Thanks
Did you insert the rope into the spark plug hole , this is what holds the cylinder rigid , so you can remove the clutch . Good Luck . Robert P
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Havn't had a go at it yet but am aware of payment. Just on hold at the moment. Kids! Much appreciated.
Quentin
Good luck Quentin .Hear from you later . Robert P
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Robert P.

I have only last night got my computer back from the shop,

a hundred bucks and still not worth a pinch of s..t.

Anyway, seriously, thanks for your help. Great advice for removing the clutch but that assumes that the rest of the job is easy. Never had so much trouble fixing a broken starter cord on anything. First chance I have had to accept payment. Apologise for any inconvenience. Appreciate your knowledge sharing. The tool is working again.

PS. Just hit the accept button and message said "payment will be transferred from my account to the expert".

However, the agreed amount has already been deducted from my account some days ago? Trust the a/c is all settled?

Quentin

Yes you have already paid , so do not hit the accept again . I'm still trying to figure out some of the picture loading myself , but on the box where you type your question is a flower bush or tree , beside you tube this is how you add picture .

Edited by Robert Perigo on 3/10/2010 at 11:48 AM EST