Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

Rototiller,(Coast to Coast, front tine, model 4812442219385054EO19E Will

Rototiller,(Coast to Coast, front tine, model 4812442219385054EO19E
Will not engage Chain Drive? Belts, linkage, O.K.
Is the input shaft to the chaincase turning? Do you hear any noise from within the chaincase?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Output shaft from engine turns like it should (can feel and hear piston cycle. Input shaft (large pully) to chaincase spins freely with no abnormal residule play, but feels to spin almost too easy ie: I don't feel the chain on the sproket. Tine shaft does not turn, but seems to have proper amount of clockwise/counter clockwise play as a driveshaft on a car would have. Machine worked well just before problem occured. But, while tilling in hard ground, (rocks) machine quit tilling, engine still running fine. Is there some sort of a clutch mechanisim? Belts and Linkage seem to be O.K.

If the input shaft is spinning freely, the only way to be sure is to take the case apart, which means pretty much disassembling the tiller since the frame rails have to come apart to get to the case. I've attached a drawing showing you what's inside. Hopefully you just have a broken chain, since most of the parts for this unit are not available any longer. Hope this helps. Let me know...

Chain Case Parts List

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yup! Good Job Rick! Thanks!