sam the tech
sam the tech, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have owned and operated a small engine shop for 10 years. Certified tech. for Briggs,Kohler,Honda,Kawasaki
16639046

My snow blower will only run with the choke in the on position.

My snow blower will only run with the choke in the on position. If I back off on the choke the engine stalls, like it is not getting any fuel. I should mention that it does not run well with the choke on either. If I push the primer it will run for a few seconds and then it stalls. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  sam the tech replied 6 years ago.

Hi

You will need to clean the carb. This is a common problem with snow blowers because they sit around more than they get used and the gas gets stale and builds up varnish deposits in the carb. To clean you need to disassemble the carb remove all rubber parts and soak the rest in carb cleaner over night. Reassemble with a new carb kit.