J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.
13636126

I have a craftsman snowblower that leaks gas out of the carb

I have a craftsman snowblower that leaks gas out of the carb when not in use I have replaced the inlet needle but I am not certain where the spring clip is supposed to be, could this also be a problem with the priming button? the carb number is XXXXX the thing runs like a champ its just this problem thanks, XXXXX XXXXX PA

The clip should be installed with the long end pointing toward the air intake or choke end of the carb.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for the picture to clarify, however I started it and it ran fine so I went to the garage to revisit it about an hour later and it still is leaking gas, seems to be leakin out of the choke end of the carb do you know what causes this
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for the picture to clarify, however I started it and it ran fine so I went to the garage to revisit it about an hour later and it still is leaking gas, seems to be leakin out of the choke end of the carb do you know what causes this?
The needle is not seating or the float has a hole in it. When you replaced the needle did you replace the seat as well?