RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  28 YEAR SERVICE TECHNICIAN
19031375

I have an ez go st 350, low hours, started spitting oil out

I have an ez go st 350, low hours, started spitting oil out the exhaust. oil level OK,Air filter clean. Oil present in oil breather hose and air filter hose. Was running fine previously. Have cleaned oil off plugs several times and disconnected breather hose, will cough and smoke but not run. Any Ideas? Thanks Dave
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  RUSS replied 6 years ago.
i have thought of this 7 ways to you know where.....I feel strongly stuck or broken piston ring. No matter what th unit is going to have to be torn down...th crankcase is getting pressurized and should not be. thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I must admit I consindered that, but would like to be more certain before an expensive teardown/rebuild, I would like to see the oil/gases blowing thru the breather hose, but I can't get it to run. I checked the compression,and it was low, 35psi or so, I put a small amount of oil in the cylinders and it increased to 50/60 psi. upon trying to start it, blue oil smoke emited. That seems to support the stuck ring theory, but the only stuck rings I've ever heard of was from long term idleness. This gets run weekly at least. I'm going to try it on fresh gas tomorrow. It does get run for short periods, Is this a common problem?
Expert:  RUSS replied 6 years ago.
COMPRESSION SHOULD BE AT OVER 1OO LBS. I imagine a combination of bad exhaust valve seal and stuck exhaust valve can cause this too, but it is really remote. If you are getting pressure out of the breather SOMETHING is pressurizing the crankcase. Fresh gas is not going to solve this with compression that low. Sorry, but that is the hard truth