Delsley Jr
Delsley Jr, Mechanic
Experience:  Handyman & Small engine repair Business owner
13864765

my generator will not start why

my generator will not start why
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Delsley Jr replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer... Ok first you will need to take and try and start it and take the spark plug back out and see if the tip of it is wet with gas. If it is wet and you have an ignition problem this could be a bad spark plug or coil. If the spark plug is dry and you have a fuel problem on it. Let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is brand new only used 5 hrs i put a new spark plug in and it has set for about 2 hrs and still wont start when i pulled off the air filter it smelled like gas but it looked like oil had got into it from tilting it
Ok if it was tilted oil could of got into the cylinder. Take and try and start it and pull the spark plug and see if the tip is oily or wet with gas and let me know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no its not

Ok if the plug is dry and you have a fuel issue on it. I would suggest taking a small amount of gas maybe a table spoon full or some starting fluid and put it in the spark plug hole and see if it will start up.