cameronsmallengines
cameronsmallengines, Small Engine Tech
Experience:  15 years experience in outdoor power equipment repair
26074928

I have a Troy-Bilt Storm 9528. The joy stick contol that operates

I have a Troy-Bilt Storm 9528. The joy stick contol that operates the shoot from side to side and up and down (elevation) does not lock in place. It just flops from side to side. I haven't been able to find an assembly drawing of the joy stick assembly to see how it worked. I wanted a assembly drawing before I took it a part. Can you help? Or do you know what part I might need? Thanks!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  cameronsmallengines replied 7 years ago.

I believe I can attatch an illustrated parts list to this message, but I need a little bit more information. Your troy bilt has a specific model number on an identification tag on the frame of your snowthrower. It will look something like this--->31AH6KQ4711. Take a look and let me know what you've got and I'll see if I can dig up that parts diagram.

Thanks,

Kyle

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX I think the same one you listed.

Thank you,

Snowbound in Erie

Spooky....not really, there were only like 6 or 7 models that come up under storm 9528 so the odds weren't stacked huge. Anyway, here is that illustrated parts list. Please let me know if you need another diagram or have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kyle

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the illustrated parts list. Was there a breakdown of the joy stick assembly? I didn't see any locking pin or anything that locks the shoot in place. It must be connected to the trigger that you squeeze to release so you can adjust the shoot. Any ideas on that?

No, there was no breakdnown of that assembly. The handle assembly was as deep as the breakdown went for that end of the snowblower...and no, I really don't have anything to add as I've never operated an snowthrower in my life. Tell me something though...is the joystick assembly you are talking about #36 is the diagram? If so, being that there is no parts breakdown available at all, it may be a replace type deal rather than tear down to repair. Let me know if #36 is the joystick you were refering to.

Thanks,

Kyle

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Kyle,

Yes #36 was the item I was asking about. I was figured that was the case, just swap it out in stead of repairing. Thank you for the information.

Dale