Deere Dr
Deere Dr, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  John Deere service mgr for 18 yrs. Briggs, Kohler, Kawasaki, expert level for all

I have a 2005 MTD Yard Machine 5 hp Snow Thrower w/a Tecumseh

I have a 2005 MTD Yard Machine 5 hp Snow Thrower w/a Tecumseh engine. I need to change the oil and the owner's manual refers to an engine packet that came with the unit.......I do not have it... Is there an on Line Pdf that has the oil change, fuel filter, etc changing proceedures? Thanks, Pete
i need you to double check that model number for me please. It won't come up in MTD data base.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model# XXXXX owner's manual calls it Model 611..
Is it a single stage or a 2 stage?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
2 stage
There will be an oil drain plug on the side of the engine at the very bottom. It will be a pipe plug with a square head. The engine uses 10w30 oil. Personally I run a 10w50 synthetic in mine.

This will be a complete mess. Try tilting the blower own it's side slightly to cut down on the mess.

As for the fuel filter. Take the old one off and install the new one. That's it.

Oil capacity will either be 20oz or 1 qt. Fool proof answer is to fill until the dipstick is full.

As for the engine manual. Tecumseh has been out of business for about 2 years now. All assets were purchased by a company called CPC, thier number is XXXXX