J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

I have an Ariens snowblower model 932101 series. The shift

I have an Ariens snowblower model 932101 series. The shift rod is loose going into the box and the unit is stuck in reverse. I opened up the bottom and discovered two loose washers and the speed fork disengaged from the shift carrier. How should I rengage the speed fork to the shift carrier? Also, how do I tighten the shift rod where it enters the box?

See attached link. Enter the model and serial number. Select the operators,parts, and service manuals. Select english. It will let you download all of the manuals for it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have already read through all of the Ariens manuals. There are no instructions on how the speed fork is supposed to engage with the shift carrier. I assume a hairpin popped out on the shift rod inside the box and is the cause for the looseness.
See section 8.1 of the service manual. It tells you how to install the shifter fork.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I fixed it thanks. For future reference, I found this linked which shows a close up picture of the clutch fork with how the washers fit.
Thank you.