TaxTom
TaxTom, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Operated Lawn Mower business for 20 years. Can find manuals and parts for many brands.
21049508

I have an old Murray Ultra snowblower model F2250030 (I lost

I have an old Murray Ultra snowblower model F2250030 (I lost manual) one of the V belts broke and I need a part number to order. Also the tensioning bolts are stuck how do you recommend I loosen them to get the belt off/on?
Are there any other model numbers on the unit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Murray Ultra

Model F2250030 Code 5181

Tecumseh 5.0 HP

S/N 001654337308

Snow King

Its green.

There are two v-belts as you face the front where the snow goes in, the nearer one is broken which controls the rotation of the front blades. There are two tensioning bolt-like things which keep the belt on the main pulley.

Thats all there is. Dealer could not find part number, he recommending either bringing in the belt or the entire snowblower.

Hello, part numbers are 579932 (3/8 by 33.13 long) and 581264 ( 1/2 by 35.23 long). This is an old unit and you may have to get aftermarket belts to replace them, you probably get by with the nearest inch size but be sure to get heavy duty belts. You will need to loosen belt guides to replace belts. Thank you Tom Please click accept.
TaxTom, Small Engine Technician
Experience: Operated Lawn Mower business for 20 years. Can find manuals and parts for many brands.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Please be more specific... You specified "You will need to loosen belt guides to replace belts." The screws/bolts that hold the belt guides appear to be very stuck! How best do you recommend that I loosen them? wd-40 or some other spray?

Hello, I was refering to the belt guides. You need to use a rust braking agent WD40 is more if a lubricant. We used a product called Freeall oil but there are other products on the market. Thanks Tom

Edited by TaxTom on 12/28/2009 at 5:45 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Knowning the belt numbers is worthless, if I cannot lossen the belt guides. Thanks for the worthless information. I guess I will figure out how to loosen the belt guides on my own. This service was only somewhat useful and somewhat useless. Happy holidays!

Hello again, it is not worthless since no one else knew that information. The way I would loosen the bolts is to heat them with a torch but since this can be dangerous I was reluctant to tell you that. Although I know you maybe disappointed but be a little greatful that someone knew something about a piece of equipment that is over 20 years old. It is your choice if you pay or not but please be civil. Tom