We have a Tecumseh Spirit 5HP 24 wide snowblower. It starts,

Customer Question

We have a Tecumseh Spirit 5HP 24" wide snowblower. It starts, and both the Drive and the Auger engage, but it cuts out when it hits the snow. What is my problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  RUSS replied 6 years ago.

It is running lean, try removing the nut on the bottom in the center of the carburetor and cleaning the holes in it very carefully. If that does not work the carb will have to come off, be dissembled soaked in good (NAPA) carb cleaner for several hours and the a new carb kit installed. Make sure to diagram all linkage and internal parts so reassembly is proper.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. We are not exactly handy and will seek a repair tech. This snowblower is 6 years old but has not been used very much at all. Any ballpark on cost?
Expert:  RUSS replied 6 years ago.
gee, labor rates vary all over the country, my guess is 50 to 75- but I can't be held to that! many thanks MERRY CHRISTMAS