Dan Oostdyk
Dan Oostdyk, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in small engine repair business, Quality control education.
23999375

I have a John Deere TRX 26 snow blower. I just had it in the

I have a John Deere TRX 26 snow blower. I just had it in the shop and they changed one of my fuel lines. It was not in for that. I had a bent impeller. When I ran the unit, it ran fine the first day. Yesterday, it started surging and I had to keep pushing the primer button to get it to stay running. I changed the fuel filter and emptied the float bowl. Can this be related to the part on the carb that increases fuel when under load? It is definately not getting enough fuel! If I let it stall, I can not get it to start, even using the primer. No fuel seems to flow, then suddenly gas starts to drip from the carb a minute or so after pushing the primer ball a bunch of times. What can I try? I am pretty handy at fixing things but am no small engine mechanic.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Dan Oostdyk replied 6 years ago.
It sounds like you have dirt or some of the pieces of the old fuel line behind the needle and seat blocking fuel flow. You need to remove the carb from the engine remove float bowl then the pin that holds the float and needle in the body of carb and clean out from seat to the fuel inlet. If you have dirt in the bowl when you remove it i would clean the hole carb.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I emptied the float bowl and checked the needle in the bottom of the bowl. There is no debris there. The motor would serge occasionally before this last problem. It seems to be chronic now. Is there any other thing that could cause this? If this does not work, how do I contact you for further ideas?
You have a lack of fuel getting in to the carb there is some kind of restriction of fuel. You can reply to this and i will answer you will have 24 hours to reply to that one.