RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  28 YEAR SERVICE TECHNICIAN
19031375

Honda EU2000i Generator Wont idle (surges, and dies) or

Honda EU2000i Generator: Won't idle (surges, and dies) or run at full throttle (surges) whether under a heavy load or with EcoThrottle turned off, unless choke is about half way on.

Generator has admittedly set awhile- tank had that 'bad gas' smell in it. Took carb off- removed float and main jet, looks very clean inside the carb- but I know a tiny spec of dirt can make all the difference.

Dumped old gas out, ran a high concentration of SeaFoam through- really didn't make any difference.

What do you think? Need some carb parts? Which ones?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  RUSS replied 7 years ago.
There as a plugged up passage somewhere in the carb. I recommend you , remove the float,needle, seat, jets, and soak it in good ( NAPA) carb cleaner at least 12 hours then reassemble it with a new carb kit and replace the intake gaskets too. Spray cleaner is useless in this instance, a good soak is what the doctor ordered here thanks