cameronsmallengines, Small Engine Tech
Experience:  15 years experience in outdoor power equipment repair

I have a Karcher k2.26m which smells like it is burning up.

I have a Karcher k2.26m which smells like it is burning up. I opened up the case and found that the brushes are sparking more than would be usual. Could this be the source of the burn smell, or is it more likely to be in the armeture. Also, it definitely needs new brushes, but the Karcher facility here in Costa Rica doesn't have them. Is there a place online where these could be purchased?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  cameronsmallengines replied 6 years ago.

I did some digging online and found a website--, that has access to some Karcher parts, but was not able to find brushes or even a motor for your model, though they did have a parts breakdown for it. You might try calling that company to see if they can get their hands on those parts. The cost of replacing parts on your pressure washer may justify just replacing the whole pressure washer altogether...I believe I saw a new one online while I was looking for parts for just over $100.00, so that is something else to consider. Good luck to you and please let me know if you need anything else.