TaxTom
TaxTom, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Operated Lawn Mower business for 20 years. Can find manuals and parts for many brands.
21049508

my snowblower suddenly stopped moving while plowing my yard

my snowblower suddenly stopped moving while plowing my yard during the blizard. It runns without any odd type of noice but will not go forward or backwards when i shift gears. Is this the shear pin and how do I replace it (and where is it located?) Thank you for your time.
Hello, What brand and model of snowblower do you have. Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's a lawn-boy 522R
There should be a 5 or 6 digit number on the serial number plate, if you have the serial number I could use that also. It should be located on back of unit either on handle or backplate. Thank You Tom
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The model # XXXXX and the serial # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Hello, first check the pins on the wheels. Next there is a rubber drive disc that runs the unit, check and see if rubber is worn or cracked. Thank You Tom
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm handy but this is new to me. Please explain where the rubber drive disc is located. - Thanks -Rich
Hello, here is the parts book for your unit https://homeownersolutions.toro.com/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=214&PageID=0&cached=true&mode=2&userID=19461 . To retrieve hit the search button and pick the 1999 model year. Click on lookup parts at bottom center of page. Click on Traction assembly (continued). On your unit follow belts down and you will locate rubber drive disc on bottom side of unit. If you tip the unit up on blower nose you should be able to see the drive system. Tom