J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

I have a Jacobsen B40 blower, 3 point mount, with a broken

Customer Question

I have a Jacobsen B40 blower, 3 point mount, with a broken PTO u-joint coupling/yoke. Its the one on the blower side and although I didn't measure the shaft with a micrometer, I did measure it with a tape measure and came up with 1-1/4 inches (1.25) with a 5/16 keyway. My question is, do you know the part number and where I can purchase one? Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 4 years ago.
The best thing to do would be to take the old joint to your local Napa. They have a large selection of u joints for farm implements.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thats a great suggestion, but is there any possibility of getting a part number?
Expert:  J.R. replied 4 years ago.
The part number will not help NAPA. They will go strickly off of a size.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience: Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 4 years ago.

This blower should be model number 085040.

If it is serial number 6600 or higher, there are 3 part numbers.

The inner tube yoke (the part that is nearest the center of the driveshaft) is Jacobsen-Ransomes part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN

The outer yoke (the part that connects to the blower shaft) is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN

The entire half shaft is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN

If this is below serial number 6600, it is a Haynes-Dana PTO and there are several part numbers.

The shaft/inner yoke is Jacobsen-Ransomes part number 333454.

The u-joint cross is part number 155490.

The outer yoke (attaches to the fan shaft) is part number 347332.

The entire half-shaft (both yokes and the cross) is part number 156258.

All parts can be ordered directly from Jacobsen-Ransomes on EMPART, but they will be much cheaper through NAPA.

Edited by Hank F. on 12/4/2009 at 4:40 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, all I was hoping for was a part number and this time I recieved several so yes, you have in fact answered my question substantially and I thankyou for that. I will be usingthis method again in the future since I am often away from home and don't have the means to getting around to hunt these items down on my own. Again, Thank you. I am very satisfied with this answer.