Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

I have a Helix 150CC Electric Start Go Kart. The engine turns

I have a Helix 150CC Electric Start Go Kart. The engine turns over but will not start. I pulled the spark plug and there is no spark when testing. I disabled safety switch (kill switch) and still no spark. Have any ideas on what could be my problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
Did you disable the kill switch by removing the fill wire from the terminal on the ignition coil?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I removed the wires from the kill switch.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.

Make sure you try a new spark plug to make sure it's not a bad plug. Remove the engine shroud then follow the spark plug wire to the ignition module. Disconnect the small ground wire plugged into the terminal at the base of the coil to make sure it's not a kill switch or shorted ground wire problem. While you're there, dangle a screwdriver from your fingertips near the flywheel magnets. It should draw the screwdriver from about a 1/2" away. Finally, take the coil off and clean the connection points where the coil and engine meet with a bit of sandpaper, both the coil and the engine. If these steps don't solve the problem, you have a bad ignition module that will need to be replaced.

Hope this helps!