PK., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Retired Owner of a full service shop and national parts sales website.

I have a Kohler single 16 hp motor off of a Bobcat 310 the

Customer Question

I have a Kohler single 16 hp motor off of a Bobcat 310 the condenser (12 volt system) has snapped the wire off of the condenser. Will most small engine condensers replace the kohler.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  PK. replied 6 years ago.

Hi, you should only use the Kohler condenser and the original Kohler part. There's probably some condensers that are the same, but there's no good way to know for sure. Also, never use automotive condensers. I also don't use the aftermarket condensers, even though some are just as good, or even the same part as the Kohler.

The primary reason is for point life. The wrong condenser will ruin the points and could possibly damage the battery in a battery system.

I've worked on a lot of K-series Kohlers and own a few, great engines.