Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.

Must replace the Oil Seal Boots on my Snapper Riding Lawnmower,

Customer Question

Must replace the Oil Seal Boots on my Snapper Riding Lawnmower, have the boots, not a mechanic,but can follow directions, need step by step instructions plus diagram/pictures of each step.

Model 250815BE Snapper Series 15 Rear Engine Riding Mower
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Deere Dr replied 6 years ago.
If you want diagrams for a low cost you will have to head to the library.

I can find no online or published directions except in a service manual, available from Snapper for about 30 bucks. The library will have a generic service manual for lawn tractors in the reference section.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This was a very poor answer to my question, it was of no help. Sorry I wasted 15 hours 26 minutes 22 seconds for an answer!!!!!
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 6 years ago.

Just a note.

The previous expers answer was not really too far off.

The reason it took so long for you to get an answer to this question was that there is no real answer. I passed up answering this question many times as well as many other experts, because there is no published answer for it.

In order to do this repair, you have to completely diassemble the rear eng. This entails a tremendous amount pof work and knowhow. The only easy way to fix tis is to slit the new boot down the middle and then install it over the axle, then use a bunch of duct tape to completetely seal it by wrapping it around and around the boot. I didn't want to give that unprofessional answer to you. Because that is not a good way to do it.

Your best way to solve this problem is to take it ta a good Snapper repair shop and hae them repair it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There is a simple answer to how to replace oil seal boots, you so called experts talk about the many years experience you have, using common sense it took me about two (2) hours to replace the boots. A small engine expert probable would have taken 30 to 45 minutes. Sorry, but you did not help in my boot replacement, but caused me to wait 15 hours for an expert answer, I did not get any help from your experts. Please remove me from your mailing list and do not charge my account. There was no answer to my question!!!!!!!

Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 6 years ago.
Glad you got it fixed.