J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

changing the drive belt on a cub cadet lt1024

The bolt in the bottom of the crankshaft holds the pto clutch on as well as the pulley. If the pulley does not slide down off, try to tap it with a rubber mallet. If it still will not come off you will need to get a 2 jaw puller and pull it off.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you J.R I already tried the rubber hammer. The bolt that I removed from the bottom of the pulley sets up against a round piece of metal with two flat sides when it turns the crankshaft turns is this the crankshaft or does this piece come off as well? It doesnt seem like the pulley will slide over this

See attached link for a breakdown of it. When you took the bolt out a large thick washer should have came off as well. If the washer did not come off you will need to pry it off. Just stick a screwdriver the the center of the washer and it should pop off.