Curtis
Curtis, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Factory trained in residential small engine equipment
24744913

I HAVE A S-200 PULL START TORO SNOW BLOWER , ITS OLD AS YOU

I HAVE A S-200 PULL START TORO SNOW BLOWER , IT'S OLD AS YOU KNOW , BUT NOT
USED MUCH . I CHANGED GAS 32/1 AND CHECKED THE PLUG AND EVEN TRIED A LITTLE
STARTER FLUID AND i JUST WON'T START ? ANY IDEA OF WHAT I CAN DO ? I'M LEAVING IT TO YOU !

Thanks Bernie
Here are some suggestions to get you going. When you checked the plug, were you getting a spark from it? By laying the removed plug on top of the engine and pulling the starter rope, you should see a blue spark. If you have spark at the plug, let's look at the carberator. While sitting, the gasoline may have broken down and clogged the carb.Before putting the tested plug in the head, put a couple drops of fuel in the plug hole, install the plug and see if the engine fires.The engine should fire but will probably quickly stall because it's starving for fuel. Remove the engine shroud if you have to to get at the throat of the carb. Spray some carb cleaner,I'd stay away from starter fluid, in the carb, close the choke and pull the rope.It may take a lot of pulling as you've introduced a lot of fuel.If the engine fires then stalls you're on the right track. Pushing the primer bulb, if equipped, may get enough fuel into the carb to free the cloggged area.If you don't have any carb cleaner use gassoline&oil mixture. Repeating these procedures should get the engine to run at longer and longer intervals and get enough gas flowing to clean the gum out of the fuel passages. I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Curtis , although I really can't see a spark from the plug ? I'll try the carb cleaner
because There does NOT seem to be any gas mixture hitting the plug ? I'll go with
your answer which looks to be complete w/o an eletrical problem ? I'm happy with this !
I read other articles about this S-200 and mechanics said they're JUNK ? i'm older now
so I must be junk too !

Thanks Bernie
Thanks for accepting, Bernie and thanks for the feedback. I have two Toro 620s, a very similar model with the same engine. I don't think they're junk. they're light and versatile. Just keep a spare plug. Curtis