Deere Dr
Deere Dr, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  John Deere service mgr for 18 yrs. Briggs, Kohler, Kawasaki, expert level for all

I was just given a newer lawn boy model# 10324 2 stroke silver

I was just given a newer lawn boy model# XXXXX 2 stroke silver dura force silver pro commercial grade. I believe it has been sitting for awhile. I have completely cleaned the carb inside and out replaced the coil because i had no spark. i have changed the plug. I have even sprayed a mist of either in the cylinder to get some kinda of pop.. Nothing doing
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Deere Dr replied 7 years ago.
First step is to remove the muffler and look into the exhaust port to evaluate the condition of the cylinder. If the piston is black or scored you are done.

If the piston looks fine you need to replace the bottom crank seal. On a2-stroke engine the crank seals act somewhat like the valves in a 4 stroke engine.

With a blown crankseal (actually the seal usually just falls out) when the piston comes down on the power stroke instead of pushing fuel into the combustion chamber it looks for the point of least resistance. In this case the crankseal.