roger
roger, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  23 years of being a shop owner..small engine trade schools
6498115

I have a John Deere 3800 PSI 4 GPM power washer 020297 13 HP

Customer Question

I have a John Deere 3800 PSI 4 GPM power washer 020297 13 HP Honda engine. My pump is a Annovi RSV 4G40B. It is not giving me much pressure. I have done all the maint on the pump but no pressure.

How do I remove the pump from the shaft and replace it with a new pump?

Thankx,

Jim
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  roger replied 5 years ago.
Hello jim,
did you happen to check the inlet screen in the pump?alot of the time it is full of rust and chemical deposit restriting the water from hose.Most pumps are keyed and have two set screws that need to be removed at the opening close to engine side.Roger
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Roger, the inlet screen where the hose is connected to the pump is clean. I have ordered a new pump and have tried to remove the old pump from the motor block. When I take the 4 bolts that hold the pump on it just turns on the shaft.

Let me know. Jim
Expert:  roger replied 5 years ago.
jim,after you loosen the four bolts to the engine ,and if there is no allen screws where the shaft is turning then use a block of wood and hit on the pump.It should start coming loose.It just has a keyed shaft.You may have to spray some lube to help come loose.Roger
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will accept your answer and do as you suggest. I will also pay you when I get the pump off. I have to leave for a while but will get back to this page and take care of your fee.

Jim
Expert:  roger replied 5 years ago.
sounds good jim.Let me know.thanks roger
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Roger, gave the pump a few good wacks with a rubber hammer, not movement other than the entire pump will turn on the shaft. Did not see any other thing to loosen.

I am going to open it up and look inside tomorrow morning around 8AM.
I'll let you know what I find.

Any other ideas will be appreciated.

Jim
Expert:  roger replied 5 years ago.
There may be a bolt through the end of crankshaft inside the pump.Most are just keyed.They will get stuck from the water.Spray around shaft with some lube and let sit over night.Let me know.roger
roger, Small Engine Technician
Experience: 23 years of being a shop owner..small engine trade schools
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Roger, there was one very small allen screw in a spot where it was very difficult to see. Even then it was a "task" to get it freed up and off.

But, job is done.

Thankx,

Jim
Expert:  roger replied 5 years ago.
Thanks again Jim,Come back and use us .Roger