Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Is a Tecumseh 1A138-42-12 coil the same as the 344443B I

Customer Question

Is a Tecumseh 1A138-42-12 coil the same as the 344443B?
I have a 5.0 Craftsman mower that keeps shearing flywheel keys. I can find nothing else wrong with the motor and suspect the wrong coil throwing the motor out of time. I torque the flywheel nut per the spec and still shears the key. I even went out and bought new flywheel keys to be sure I got the correct key. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  TaxTom replied 7 years ago.
Hello, 34443B is the right number for your unit. The other number is XXXXX any number I regonize, Is it a number stamoped on the coil? Is this engine on a pushmower and if it is a pushmower are you putting the mower blade back on before starting. Thanks Tom