Rick
Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

The governer assembley air vane has come loose on my Briggs

The governer assembley air vane has come loose on my Briggs and Stratton engine Model 91202 Type 0016 Type 960826FA I would like to see a sketch of the assembly to see if any parts are miss ing How does the Air vane attace to the motor.
Thanks XXXXX
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

Does these pictues show you what you need?

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The sketches shown are not the same as the the one that I have. The carburator that i have is not a float feed but a pressure differantural with a plastic vane attached to the side of the motor
Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me see if I can find one showing that style.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The engine is Model 91202 type 0016

Code 960826 FA

There is A metal clip on the side to the motor that aparently plastic vane should be connected to I would also like the part number of the plastic vane in case it has to be replaced

Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

Here's a parts list for your engine. The plastic vane is part number 498770 and is ref. 200 shown on the link that says Controls, Governor Spring, Ignition. Although I could install it for you, I am not able to locate a diagram in any manual I have access to that clearly shows the assembly.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=Briggs+and+Stratton&mn=091202-0016-01

For that reason, I'll wish you the best of luck, hope what info I could supply was somewhat helpful, ad opt out of this question in the hopes another expert has a picture I don't.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have taken a picture of the damaged governer vane. Could I send you a picture of it?

I f so what e-mail address should I use? If you would give me the part number and tell me how to order it I will click accept

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Could I send you a picture of the damaged governer vane that needs replacement?

If so, what

Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

Just take a picture and post it here. It must be 1 meg or smaller in size. At the top of the box you type in you will see an icon that looks like a tree. Click on it and you'll be able to post pictures that will be attached to the question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The picture that I have is 1.25 mg How do i reduce it?

Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.
Are you on Windows or Mac? What version?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Windows XP
Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

Go to Start > Accessories > Paint and open your picture.

In Paint, choose Image > Stretch/Skew and set stretch to 50% in both horizontal and vertical.

Save it to your desktop as a JPEG, calling whatever you want.

That should make is small enough to post.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I was unable to change the size of th picture. So I sent a copy of the picture to you by e=mail I sent toe e-mail Attenton Rick

thanks

Bill Arvin

Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

Never got the picture, but look at ref. 200. That should be what you're after:

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=briggs_and_stratton&mn=091202-0016-01&dn=26890006B

Should be able to get it from any good local Briggs dealer.

Let me know...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I was unable to locate the part on the list that you forwarded. I t may be because I could not enlarge the arts list. Earlier today I sent a picture of the part to a Ms Chase and she said that she had just forwarded it to you.

Thanks for your patience

Bill Arvin

Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bill, I've never received the picture, but one of the other experts (Trex-7) has a service manual for this unit. I'm going to turn this one over to him so we can get you going. These things are normally resolved very quickly, so I apologize for the delay.

Thank you and best of luck.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

graphicI hope that I got the picture correct this time. It was taken on the top of a 5 gallon bucket. the motor is a 3.5 or 4 Hp Horizontal Engine. It isd quite old . I have never seen one like it before. The vane has two slitts at the top which connect to a metal clip Two tabs with small holes in them extend at right angles to the vane The governer wire connects to the lower one

Thanks Bill Arvin

Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bill,

The picture didn't make it with your post. Click on the tree icon and another window will open. Click on Browse and that will open yet another window that says image upload. Click the browse button in that new window to locate your picture. Click OK and the image will upload to the server.

Now come back to the first window that popped up. You'll notice the "Link to web graphic" box is now filled. Click on insert.

Then come back to the original box you started with and it should be there. Then click your answer button (or whatever your says), and it will post the picture with your comments.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

graphic

I could not get the link to the web graphic box to fill. Is there anyway that I could send the picture as an attachment to e-mail?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I believe that it finally came thru. Thanks for your patience.

The picture was taken on the top of a five gallon bucket the clips are upright. the ones shown on the bottom are shadows

Bill Arvin

Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

Part Number 498770 is what you're after. You can order it through any local Briggs Dealer or online from the following source:

m-and-d 498770

I also finally found some pictures that might help:

http://staff.washington.edu/ryanlee/Engine/UofWindsorManual/Fuel%20System%20Assembly.htm

Edited by Rick on 10/10/2009 at 3:49 PM EST
Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience: Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.