Chris Huber
Chris Huber, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  20 years experience. Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician. Dealer for most engine lines.
15271698

I have a 2005 Exmark Lazer with less than 200 hrs. After about

I have a 2005 Exmark Lazer with less than 200 hrs. After about 15 to 25 mins of operation the right steering handle has a vibration and a loud buzzing or grinding noise. Shortly after this the right steering fails. After a 30 to 45 min cool down, the mower will operate for a few more mins then the same thing happens again. Oil level is correct and bypass valves are snug. Thanks for any ideas. DC
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Chris Huber replied 7 years ago.
The pump is likely to blame. Rebuilding it is not usually an option, but the shops usually say you need to change both if 1 fails, that's not true. If you can afford it, sure, if not just replace the 1, and change the oil and filter.