Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

Northern hydralic wood splitter with a tecumseh engine is leaking

Northern hydralic wood splitter with a tecumseh engine is leaking engine oil from were the moter is attached to the base plate. Engine numbers are HM100 159075G, Series 8144D. Is there a gasket between the motor and this base plate? It seems to be leaking all the way around this area. If so do you sell this part, and please advise.
Thanks Yoes
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.

The gasket should be available from any good local Tecumseh dealer and it is also avaialble online. I've linked the part numbers to a source. I've also included the part number for the crankshaft seal, since it's a good idea to replace it at the same time.

Side Cover Gasket 37342

Crankshaft Seal 35319

I hope this is helpful.