Rick
Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

McCulloch Mac 3200 Chainsaw----Not getting gas through carb.

Customer Question

McCulloch Mac 3200 Chainsaw----Not getting gas through carb. Can squirt bulb and will run until that gas is burned (seconds).
Have installed kit in carb, new lines, cleaned carb, new gas filter. Still won't run. What can I do next? Is there a diagram of the carb online?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

If you can get it to run with the primer bulb, then the carburetor is still plugged. Did you take it apart completely and soak it?

That saw should have a Zama or Walbro carburetor. If you can give the the numbers off the carburetor, I should be able to get you a diagram.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Carb is a Zama M27D6YP. I have ran a small wire through all orfices. Am afraid I have put back together wrong. Diagram will help if possible. Will accept as soon as I hear about diagram.--Thanks
Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

The Zama number you supplied isn't valid, but I believe that would be a C1Q-M27 caburetor on there. Sometimes the way Zama stamps their numbers is a bit confusing. If this isn't what you have, please let me know.

Here's a parts diagram and service manual that should help. The service manual may take a few minutes to download.

graphic

Service Manual

Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience: Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not the same carb but maybe I can use the diagram to check myself. The parts distributor used the M27D6YP number to get the kit. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Rick replied 5 years ago.

I'll be happy to try to find a different diagram if this doesn't work for you. Looks to me like the M27 portion is the second part of the model number and the D6YP is the date code. All of Zama's model numbers begin with "C", except the rotary barrel carbs that start with "RB". The service manual shows where to find the model information.

Let me know if I can help. I don't want to leave you hanging with accepting a partial answer. I want your problem solved.