TaxTom
TaxTom, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Operated Lawn Mower business for 20 years. Can find manuals and parts for many brands.
21049508

I would like to bypass the seat switch on my Cub Cadet LTX1042

Customer Question

I would like to bypass the seat switch on my Cub Cadet LTX1042 but cannot find a wiring schematic to do so. Can you give me some advice on how to do it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  TaxTom replied 7 years ago.
Hello, Here is a link to your Cub Cadets parts manuals, Enter 13AX91AR010 as your model number and your serial number.
http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category1_10051_14101_1100505_Y_-1 Click on ill;ustrated parts maunal on right. Your Wiring diagram is last item in list. We never recommend wiring around a safety switch. Of the safety switch the seat switch to me is the one that makes the most sense, if you get off the seat it kills the deck or engine and stops the blades. Since it interfers with no other function there is no reason to disengage it. If it does go bad its cheap to replace. Sorry about the preaching but every month in one publication or another it tells of someone hurt in a lawnmower accident. Thanks Tom