Rick
Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

I just removed the lines on a 18 craftsman 2.2 chainsaw. I

I just removed the lines on a 18" craftsman 2.2 chainsaw. I thought the new lines would have a diagram for routing they don't. could you tell me or send me the diagram for routing. There is a large O.D and small O.D port on the primer. there are two holes in the tank body one for a large O.D line and one for a small O.D line. the carberator has a metal line one the sid eand a bleck plastic line and the filter is in the tank.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  TaxTom replied 7 years ago.
Hello, can you please resend your numbers with spaces. JA blocked your numbers because they read it as a phone number. Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Model Number - XXXXXXXXX /p>

Expert:  TaxTom replied 7 years ago.
Again they read it is a phone number, try 9 1 7 2 5 4 3 2. Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model - 3 5 8 3 5 2 1 8 0
Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.

The saw you have is made by Poulan, and those lines give lots of folks headaches. Here's the way they go:

1. The fuel line from the tank (the one with the filter on the end) connects to the fitting at the top of the carburetor, furthest from the engine.
  2. The line from the bottom fitting on the carburetor goes to the small nipple of the primer bulb.
  3. The line from the large nipple of the primer returns to the top of the fuel tank.

I hope this makes sense. If not, please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This information has not solved the problem maybe you could supply me with the diagram of the carb connections and that will be the end of it. I will accept the answer regardless of outcome. It is not a poulan it is a craftsman chainsaw.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.

Craftsman is a brand sold by Sears. The 358 in the front indicates it was made by Poulan. I've seen them coming off the assembly line on several occasions. Sears is a retailer, not a manufacturer; they don't build anything. All Sears units were made private label by major manufacturers in various sectors. Just as an FYI, here's a list of who makes Sears units by vendor number - the three numbers before the period in the model. If you scroll down to 358, you'll see it listed as Baird/Poulan. The Baird portion went away long ago. Poulan is now actually owned by Husqvarna as of two years ago.

Sears Source Codes

Please don't accept my answer until you are conpletely satisfied. I take pride in providing complete and accurate answers to my customers. I've been an instructor in this industry for more than two decades, so make me work for it.

Here's a diagram that may be a bit easier to understand. If it's not clear, let me know. You have a non-AV chain saw, so your will be like the one on the left. Just ignore the picture of the optional AV carburetor.

Carburetor Fuel Line Diagram

This is a PDF file that should open automatically when you click on it. If it doesn't let me know and I'll post it in a diffferent format. This one should be easier to print, and most folks have this free software already installed.

Thank you!

Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience: Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.