CJBennett, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Briggs and Stratton Master Service Tech, Kohler, Tecumseh, Kawasaki certified. 18 years exp.

My lawnmower is sending blue smoke out the exhaust and the

My lawnmower is sending blue smoke out the exhaust and the engine is slowing down.

It could be a few things. You could of tipped your mower the wrong way and got oil in the air filter. Check you air cleaner and replace it if it is soaked with oil. You also may have over filled it with oil. Check your dip stick and make sure the level is correct. Drain off the extra if it is over filled. It should be one these problems. After you correct it you'll have to run the mower for a few minutes for the smoking to clear up.

You don't have to accept till I answer the question to your satisfaction. Did the mower smoke before your oil change?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Mower did smoke just before it stopped. It stopped because it was out of
gas. I changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, and gave it gas, and it runs OK.

What engine is it? Do you know the model number of the engine? It's usally stamped in the sheet metal right above the spark plug.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model is Briggs and Stratton 126T05
Try running it with out the air cleaner. It's paper and can't really be cleaned. The only other thing it could be is bad rings or bad valve guides. Both of which aren't really worth fixing. The cost would exceed the value of the mower.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was out of gas.