Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.

I need to know how to change the boot on an old snapper rear

I need to know how to change the boot on an old snapper rear engine riding mower.the right boot is leaking badly.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 4 years ago.
What model of snapper is it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
snapper 33113s 33 11hp
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you need more information?
Expert:  J.R. replied 4 years ago.
I opted out. It now open for all experts to try to help you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What i need is a step by step dissasembly of the rear end to get the boot off the axle and replace whatever else needs replacing.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 4 years ago.

There is no published Step-by step assembly instructions for this.

As you are sitting on the tractor, we are talking about the LEFT REAR.

You need to remove the wheel.

Then remove the hub that the wheel connects to.

Then loosen the clamps that hold the boot on.

Then remove the plate that the axle goes through that is bolted to the frame

Then you can get to the boot. to slide it off. and replace it.

For the other side, you will do nearly the same thing except you have to remove all the bolts that hold the gear case together so you can slide the axle out. But you will have to disassemble that gear case first.

Actually, the boots are just there to keep DUST from getting to the components. They are NOT there to keep oil or grease in. It is not unusual for them to leak a small amount of grease or oil. Usually this oil or greas is just overflow from when people grease the axles too much. of the oil seal in the gear case goes bad. Sometimes when the boots get torn up, some people just wrap them with a good duct tape and let them go.

I hope this helps.

Please click "ACCEPT" or I won't get paid.

You may also consider sending a bonus if I have been helpful,Please leave positive feedback this is how I'm rated. Thanks

Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience: I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.