J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

Hello, i have a Briggs 24 hp model 446677 typ 0463-E1.. I want

Customer Question

Hello, i have a Briggs 24 hp model 446677 typ 0463-E1.. I want to replace with a BRIGGS AND STRATTON
TYPE- 0027 E1

I am considering buying this motor...Will it fit? Thank You.. You sent me a reply but when I clicked on it to give you more info, it went to my question..
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 7 years ago.

I have noticed this question on the site for quite some time without any answer. I decided to answer because I didn't want you to think that we didn't care about you.

This is a question that may not be able to be answered correctly without an expert actually seein the tow engines and the equipmtnet it is going on.

There can be many differenced including the length of the crankshaft, the diameter of the crankshaft, the step of the crankshaft, the charging system, the wireing connectors, the actual phyisical size of the engine, etc....they will have different muffler systems that will have to be used and much more.

This is most likely why no other expert has answered your question. Most experts to not like to reply to a question where they have little chance of giving a correct answer and getting paid for their work.

I really would suggest that you contact your nearest...GOOD repair shop and ask them to look at the equipment and engine to see if they think it will work.

Most engines that are purchased over the internet WILL NOT work for the application that the customer wants it to because of all the possible differences. Then the customer is stuck with an engine that won't work for their application.

I wish I had a better answer for you.

Please click "ACCEPT" or I won't get paid.

You may also consider sending a bonus if I have been helpful,Please leave positive feedback this is how I'm rated. Thanks

Expert:  J.R. replied 7 years ago.

The engine that you need is a(NNN) NNN-NNNN It will have the same 1" x 3 5/32" crankshaft that is on your current engine. This engine will also have the 16 amp alternator that is on your tractor as well.

This link shows the direct replacement for your current engine(NNN) NNN-NNNN The replacement listed is a(NNN) NNN-NNNN This is a 26hp engine. Look at the crankshaft size and the alternator. Those are 2 major things you will want to look at.

Here is the link to the engine you will want.